The Times, 13 September 1884
   A shocking occurrence is reported from Curryglass, in County Waterford. A farmer named Ahearn had bathed his leg and bound it with a bandage saturated with paraffin oil, when it caught fire and blazed furiously, setting his clothes aflame, and so horribly burning him that death resulted some time afterwards.
Submitted by dja

Ireland Home Page
Other Newspapers with News of Ireland

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All rights to the pages found within this site are retained by the original submitter of the information. Pages may be printed or copied for personal use only. They may NOT be reproduced in any form in whole or in part by any individual or organization for profit.