The Irish Times, 27 December 1933
Fire at Passage.—About one o'clock on Christmas morning the Cork Fire Brigade were called to a serious outbreak of fire at Passage, and on arrival found the three-story house of Mr. Patrick Aherne, tobacconist, blazing furiously. There was no hope of saving the building, and the members of the brigade directed their efforts towards protecting the adjacent houses. In this they were completely successful. Mr. Aherne's house was burned down.
Submitted by dja

Ireland Home Page
County Dublin

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All rights to the pages found within this site are retained by the original submitter of the information. Pages may be printed or copied for personal use only. They may NOT be reproduced in any form in whole or in part by any individual or organization for profit.