The Irish Times, 12 September 1884
SHOCKING DEATH FROM BURNING.—An extraordianry and fatal occurrence has taken place at Curryglass, near Tallow, by which a farmer named Michael Ahern has lost his life. Deceased suffered from a pain in his leg, and was recommended to use paraffin oil. Having rubbed the leg with oil a bandage saturated with oil was wrapped around the affected part and fastened. Soon after a light set the bandage in a blaze. It burned furiously and ignited the deceased's clothes, and before it was possible to extinguish the flames of the paraffin, the deceased was so burned that he died from the effects in a few hours afterwards.
Submitted by dja

Ireland Home Page
County Dublin

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All rights to the pages found within this site are retained by the original submitter of the information. Pages may be printed or copied for personal use only. They may NOT be reproduced in any form in whole or in part by any individual or organization for profit.