Cavan Observer
Published in Cavan, county Cavan

Ooctober 1, 1864

FIRE IN CARRICK-ON-SHANNON--A terrible and destructive fire took place in the above town on Monday, at about half-past two o'clock, p.m., whereby the magnificent house and stock in trade of Mr. Edward COSTELLO, the largest and most enterprising merchant in the town, were almost entirely consumed. The fire was first discovered by a policeman on duty in the street, who immediately gave the alarm, when Major SOMERVILLE, with the police force, and Captain HANLY, with the militia, together with the military fire engine, were shortly in attendance...It is satisfactory to know that Mr. Costello had his house and stock insured in the Sun Office, for £3,000, which it is thought will cover the loss. It is not yet known how the fire originated.


(Before Theophilus Thompson and William Babington, Esqrs.)


Patrick TULLY summoned Bernard CLARKE for trespass of a horse and an ass belonging to defendant on complainant's crop, on the 11th and 15th of September. Complainant proved the trespass, and James MONTGOMERY swore to having appraised the damage done at 7s 6d. Defendant was ordered to pay 7s 6d and costs.

Owen CALLAGHAN summoned Mary NEWMAN for trespass of the defendant's pigs and fowl on complainant's field on the 19th September. Callaghan proved the trespass, and defendant was ordered to pay 1s and costs.


A boy named Joseph RYAN, ten years of age, was charged with stabbing Patrick M'CANN on the 18th of September. M'Cann deposed that on the above named day he was standing at Mr. HART's door in Bridge street, when Ryan and two other boys came out of Hart's and he commenced "acting" with them. He gave one of them, named REILLY, a slap on the head and knocked off his cap......He (M'Cann) gave Ryan a slap and immediately after Ryan stabbed him in the thigh with a knife.....He asked magistrates to deal as leniently as possible with Ryan on account of his youth.

Mr. Thompson said all they could do was to send the case for trial at the Quarter Sessions, and admit Ryan to bail...


Mary KIERNAN was brought up in custody of Sub-Constable MORAN, charged by Peter HENNING, a clerk on the Midland Railway, with stealing his watch on the previous night....The prisoner was committed for trial at the Quarter Sessions.

The Court then rose.

DEATH OF ROGER HALL, ESQ., J.P., D.L., of NARROW-WATER CASTLE--In our obituary today, it is our painful duty to announce the death of the above respected gentleman, which took place at Ballykilcavan, the residence of this brother-in-law, Sir Hunt WALSH, Bart., where he had gone on a visit some time ago in his good health. He had not been there long before he became seriously indisposed, so that his death was not unexpected. Mr. HALL was a Deputy-Lieutenant of this county, and Grand Juror for the counties of Down and Armagh. He belonged to one of the oldest families in this county, and his loss will be deplored by his country, who always found him a kind and indulgent landlord.--NEWRY TELEGRAPH.

MAJORITY OF MR. ALFRED DAVID KER.--Mr. Alfred David KER, eldest son of David S. KER, Esq., J.P., having on Friday attained his majority, the tenants on his father's Down and Clough estates celebrated the event by numerous bonfires, and other demonstrations usual on such auspicious occasions.......Mr. Alfred KER is at present doing duty with his regiment at Sheffield, we believe.....DOWN RECORD.

October 8, 1864

CHILD KILLED--A child named Patrick DELANY, five years of age, while standing with his parents at the corner of Francis-street, upon Saturday evening, was knocked down and run over by a dray, driven by a man named Gregory BYRNE. He was taken to the Meath Hospital, where he died almost immediately. Byrne is in the custody of the police.--IBID.

GUN ACCIDENT--On yesterday (Friday) a serious accident occurred to a young man, the son of Mr. WOODS, steward to the Hon. Richard MAXWELL, of Arley Cottage, near Lough Sheelan. He had been fowling, and was engaged in drawing one of the charges from a double-barrelled gun, when, having placed the stock of the gun on the ground, incautiously leaving the hammer of the second barrel cocked, it went off, and the contents lodged in his leg, above the knee. He was at once conveyed to the County Infirmary, where medical assistance was rendered. We understand the injuries are not likely to assume a very dangerous aspect.

THE MAGISTRACY--The Lord Chancellor on the recommendation of the Lord Lieutenant of the County, has been pleased to appoint the Rev. Matthew Nesbitt LAWDER, A.M., Gresson House, Swanlinbar, to the commission of the peace for the County of Cavan.

AMATEUR BANDS--The FERMANAGH REPORTER warns the young men of Enniskillen against forming amateur bands, and relates the sad fate of two which perished ingloriously some years ago. Some 25 years ago there was an amateur band in Enniskillen, which was the ruin of every young man who joined it. A counter irritation or opposition band was got up in the Roman Catholic chapel, which the late Rev. James SHIEL, P.P., made smithereens of. He jumped into the big drum, and beat the musicians out of the chapel with their own instruments--and we ceased not until we scattered the amateurs. During the existence of those bands the town had no peace; about 40 young men were completely demoralised--some of them enlisted, others emigrated, and not a few lost their lives. The present boat racing mania is a source of much mischief, which must be abated. No respectable person should have anything to do with the Boat Club or subscribe to its funds. It is a nuisance.


(Before William Babington, Esq., J.P.)


Thomas MURRAY summoned Michael BRADY and Eliza BRADY for assaulting him. Mr. M'Gauran appeared for the defendants.

Murray deposed that on the 19th September Brady had left some turf on a ditch belonging to him; he went out and inquired who had brought them there; Brady said it was he, and Murray replied that they should not be there; Brady insisted on them remaining, and an altercation ensued, in the course of which Brady and his sister assaulted him. His son came to his assistance, but he told him to not interfere with them, as he would punish them by law.

Mr. M'Gauran produced some witnesses who proved that Murray was the aggressor......The case was dismissed.

William MOORE summoned George HUMPHRYS and John HUMPHRYS for an assault. The defendants had a cross case. The parties had been before the court on several occasions. His worship, after hearing some of the facts of the case, said it was clear that these assaults had arisen out of the disputed title between the parties.....Both cases were accordingly nilled.

Patrick CAROLAN summoned Rose NEWMAN for trespass of a horse on his oats on the 11th September. Complainant proved the trespass, and the defendant was ordered to pay 2s. and costs.

Mr. John GANNON of Cavan summoned Edward O'HAGAN for detaining a pane of plate glass, his property. Mr. Gannon deposed that he had employed a tradesman to do some lettering on a large pane of plate glass, and paid him for doing it. After it was done he wished to have some alteration made on it, and the man took it to O'Hagan's where he lodged.--He left the town without returning the glass, and because he owed O'Hagan some money he (O'Hagan) refused to give up the glass when he demanded it.

O'Hagan said that the man owed him 4s. 6d., and when he was going away he told him that Mr. Gannon owned him some money, and would pay the 4s. 6d. when he came for the glass.

His worship ordered O'Hagan to give up the glass to Mr. Gannon.

The Court then rose.


On Thursday, the 6th instant, at his residence, Main-street, Cavan, of congestion of the brain, Charles HILL, Esq., Barrister-at-law, aged 56 years.

THREE FIRES IN BELFAST--ONE MAN SERIOUSLY BURNED--On Tuesday there occurred no less than three fires in Belfast. This coincidence is the more remarkable as fires for some time past have, like angel's visits, been few and far between. The first fire was reported at the police-office about eleven o'clock. It took place in a wooden shed belonging to a man named Samuel PHILLIPS, Berry's Buildings, Ballymacarrett. At the time the fire broke out carpenters were busy at work on the premises...The fire brigade when they arrived soon extinguished the flames, and a few pounds will cover all the damage.

The second fire was in the flax spinning mill of Messrs. CAMPBELL and MULLIGAN, Falls-road, and it was reported at the police office at thirty-five minutes past twelve. Seeing that it was a mill which was on fire, Mr. REILLY, the Superintendent of the fire brigade, ordered out two engines at once....and it was fortunately he did so, for otherwise the whole mill might have been consumed....The property destroyed is fully insured in the "Royal" office, and the loss sustained will probably not exceed £100.

The third fire was reported at the Police-office at 7.15.p.m., and it occurred in the large store of Mr. James KAVANAGH, wholesale and drug merchant, 35 North-street, Belfast. The store was situate in the rere of the shop and dwelling house, and contained paints, oils, &c.--in fact, all it contents were of the most inflamable nature....The store-keeper, James SLEVIN, who was in the building at the time, has been so severely burned on the head and shoulders that he is not expected to live.....The great necessity that existed for confining the fire to its original bounds may be gathered from the fact that close to the store on the north side are the premises of Messrs. Philip JOHNSTON and son, wholesale grocers, and the warerooms of Messrs. JOHNSTON and CARLISLE, linen merchants; on the west side the flax stores of Messrs. BELL and BORTHWICK; and on the east side the concern of Messrs. John and Robert POTTS, iron merchants; and the spirit stores of Mr. D. R. BRANNIGAN...The fire was, fortunately, confined to its original limits....Mr. Kavanagh has his property insured, it is stated, to the amount of £4,000; and his loss will, in all probability, come near this amount.--BELFAST NEWS-LETTER.



In the Matter of the Estate of
ELIZA ROE, widow, and SAMUEL BLACK ROE, Owner.
Ex Parte,


THE Court having ordered a sale of the House and Demesne of Ballyconnell with it subdenominations of Armagh water, part of Annagh Lough, part of Cullylenan, part of Doone, part of Rakellan, part of Gortawee or Scotchtown, part of Mullaghduff, and water in Woodford River, situate in the barony of Tullyhaw and County of Cavan, Corraneania, otherwise Corrainierna, with the Bog and water, part of Annagh and Killivilly Loughs and part of Doone, situate as aforesaid, all parties objecting to a sale of the said Lands are hereby required to take notice of such order....

Dated this 27th day of September, 1864.
for JAMES M'DONNELL, Examiner.



In the Matter of the Estate of Richard John HINDS, Owner;

Charles Augustus BOYD, Petitioner.

TO BE SOLD....on THURSDAY, the 10th day of November, 1864, at Noon, the Life Estate of said Owner in the Lands of Killatounney, situate in the barony of Tullyhunco, and County of Cavan, held under fee-farm grant....Also the Life Estate of said Owner of the Lands of Rhinne and Deramfield, situate in the barony of Lower Loughtee, and County of Cavan, held under leases with "toties quoties" covenants for renewal......

Dated this 11th day of July 1864.
C. E. DOBBS, Examiner

The Lands of Killatonney (which are of the best arable and pasturable description) lie within one mile of Killeshandra...and are about five miles distant from the Crossdoney station of the Cavan and Mullingar Railway.

There are two excellent Dwellinghouse and Offices on Killatonney, situate near Croghan bridge, within three quarters of a mile of Killeshandra.....

The Lands of Rhinne and Deramfield are of a good sound arable description.....they lie to the north-west of Killeshandra about three miles distant therefrom.....

THOMAS KEIRNAN, Solicitor for Owner,
55 Middle Abbey street; or to
WILLIAM G. BRADLEY, Solicitor for
Petitioner, having the carriage of the sale,
59 Blessington street.

MURDER OF A BAILIFF--CORONER'S INQUEST--William WHITE, Esq., City Coroner, held an inquest on Friday, at the Meath Hospital, on view of the body of Richmond FOX, a bailiff, who came by his death under the following circumstances:--

It appeared that about half-past ten o'clock, on Thursday, Joseph GRACE, civil bill officer, proceeded to the house of 91 Upper Rathmines, occupied by Mr. William O'DELL, formerly a barrister, to execute a warrant at the suit of the landlord, Mr. John M'DONNELL, 98 Upper Rathmines, with instructions to destrain for £8 rent due by Mr. O'Dell. Grace was accompanied by two other bailiffs and remained in the house up to about half past one o'clock, not wishing to do anything until the arrival of the landlord, being under the impression that some arrangement might be come to which would render it unnecessary to seize and carry away the furniture.

About four o'clock Grace returned, bringing with him a third bailiff, the unfortunate man, Richard Fox...Up to this the bailiffs imagined that they were dealing with one of the quietest men imaginable...They were deceived in this respect, for just as the men were bidding him good evening, Mr. O'Dell fired a revolver, the contents of which struck Fox and penetrated the temple....Mr. O'Dell acknowledged that he was the person who shot the deceased, and was accordingly taken into custody...The prisoner, who belongs to a respectable family, formerly held a situation in the Fine Arts Department of the Royal Dublin Society, and appears to be about fifty-five years of age.....The prisoner was committed for trial at next commission.

October 15, 1864


(Transcriber's note: The above is what is recorded on the microfilm)

October 22, 1864

CAVAN TOWN COMMISSIONERS--William JOHNSTON, Esq., J.P., and returning officers, held a meeting in the Court-house, Cavan, on Saturday last for the election of six Commissioners in the room of Messrs. Edward M'GAURAN, Patrick CAFFREY, Mark MOORE, M.D., Thomas O'CONNOR, Matthew LOUGH, and James WANN--all of whom were proposed for re-election. After a poll, where in almost every voter in the town voted, the returning officer declared the following gentlemen duly elected as Commissioners:--Messrs. Patrick CAFFREY, Edward M'GAURAN, James FEGAN, Capt. Robert ERSKINE, Thomas O'CONNOR, and Matthew LOUGH...


(Before W. Babington and R. Erskine, Esqrs.)


Margaret KERRIGAN and Margaret M'KEON summoned Pat BRADY for assault. It appeared from the evidence of the complainants that on the 8th of October defendant called to Margaret Kerrigan to take some ducks of hers off a pool of water close to his house. Some words ensued between them, and defendant took her by the shoulder and threw her into the pool. The other complainant, who is her niece, then came to her assistance and he assaulted her in like manner. The defendant produced two witnesses who swore that the complainant Kerrigan struck Brady before he threw her into the pool although he did not say so himself.

Brady was fined 2s 6d for the assault with 5s damages.

John GOGGINS summoned James M'DONALD for leaving his service, and also for threatening to assault him

It appeared from the evidence of Goggins and his wife that on the night of the 12th October M'Donald, who was their servant boy, came home about nine o'clock; when he came in the child was crying; he was enraged at the crying of the child and said it ought to be burned; on Goggins trying to pacify him he became furious and wanted to fight him, saying that "if he had him in Cavan he could raise a cheer which would bring fifty men to kill him." He wanted to leave the house but Goggins refused to let him out, not knowing what his intentions might be. He accordingly locked the door and retired to his room, but in consequence of M'Donald's violent conduct, he was afraid to go to bed, and he and his wife sat in their room all night.

The defendant was ordered to find bail, himself in £10 and two sureties of £5 each, to keep the peace, or in default to be imprisoned for a month.

The Court then rose.


The Quarter Sessions commenced on Friday, the 14th instant, before Joshua CLARKE, Esq., Chairman of the county. After the revision of the voters had been gone through, the long panel was called over by Mr. CAFFREY, and the following gentlemen were sworn as grand jury:--T. HARTLEY (foreman); W. M. BLACK, E. KENNEDY, Matthew LOUGH, Henry DOUGLAS, F. E. HUDELLESTON, James MORROW, E. FEGAN, J. HARTLEY, A. KETTYLE, Philip SMITH, Castlecosby; John PRUNTY, J. MURPHY, John DOHERTY, Daniel O'REILLY and P. M'CANN.

The following magistrates occupied seats on the bench:--Hon. R. MAXWELL, Wm. HUMPHRYS, Esq.; T. THOMPSON, Esq.; W. BABINGTON, Esq.; R. ERSKINE, Esq.; R. J. COMING, Esq.

His Worship addressed the grand jury............Having concluded his observations, his Worship desired the grand jury to retire to their room, so that the bills of indictment could be sent up to them

The following is the amount of business at the Sessions:--

Crown Numbers ......................... 15
Civil Bills ......................... 153
Ejectments ......................... 5
Appeals ......................... 0


The first insolvent case was that of Thomas REILLY, who applied for the protection of the Court, but was opposed by Mr. M'GAURAN on behalf of James MAGUIRE and Patrick M'BRIDE. Mr. M'NALLY, on behalf of the insolvent, stated that it was postponed at the last Sessions for the purpose of bringing into the Court £150, the value of his farm.

Mr. M'Gauran stated that the insolvent was opposed at last Sessions for the suppression of property, by a person named TREANOR, and wished to know whether Mr. LYNCH, who proposed to purchase the farm of the insolvent, was here. The insolvent has another farm on which Mr. Vernon is agent.

Chairman--Has anything been done to induce Mr. Vernon to give his consent that one of the farms might be sold?

Mr. M'Gauran--I know nothing about it. It appears that Treanor, for whom I opposed at last Sessions, has been bought off. He and his brother were trustees against him, and they were with me this morning, but they do not now appear.

Reilly was remanded for three months.

John JACKSON, Ballinagh, publican and pensioner, was opposed by Mr. Samuel KNIPE, on behalf of Messrs. CINNAMON and DUNVILLE, merchants, Newry.

After some discussion, the case was adjourned until next Session.

Mr. James WHITENDALE, from the county Fermanagh, farmer, was also opposed by Mr. Knipe, on behalf of James TUGMAN, also of the county Fermanagh. The insolvent was supported by Mr. M'Nally and Mr. M'Gauran.

The insolvent underwent a long examination by Mr. Knipe, and also by the Chairman--by which it appeared that he had himself prepared by "Counsellor" Smith to facilitate his obtaining the benefit of the Insolvent Act in this county, and actually had himself arrested in the town of Cavan by a bailiff named GUNN.

He was remanded to next Sessions.


A petit jury was empannellled for the trial of the Crown business.


Maryann BOYLAN (who bore a young child in her arms) was arraigned upon an indictment, which charged her with having on the 15th of April last, at Aughawee, near Killaneck, stolen a buff cotton jacket, a cotton petticoat, a white bib, and other articles, the property of John GALLIGAN. She also stood indicted for having had in her possession, at same time and place, the aforesaid articles,"well knowing them to have been stolen."

Anne M'EVEAGH examined by the Sessional Crown Solicitor, Mr. B. Armstrong--Recollects the prisoner coming to her house on Tuesday, in April last. She left her little daughter with her, who was about eight or nine years of age. She (the prisoner) took off her jacket and put it on her daughter. The child remained until next day; witness put on the jacket, and went down to John GALLIGAN's for milk; Mrs. Galligan claimed the jacket as her property, and she gave it to her....Mr. Knipe, who appeared for the prisoner, cross-examined the witness, who admitted that the prisoner summoned Mrs. Galligan for the jacket.

Catherine GALLIGAN examined--Is the wife of John Galligan; on the night of the 18th of April, lost a jacket, a petticoat, a bib, and some other articles. (The jacket was produced, and identified by the witness.) They were stolen off a hedge near her house; in about eight days after saw the jacket which she lost on Ann M'EVEIGH (sic)--accompanied her to her house, and found the bib, one of the articles which had been lost, and also the petticoat which she lost, upon the child of Margaret BOYLAN.


Mr. Knipe addressed the jury for the prisoner, and proceeded to examine witnesses.

Andrew M'GEVNEY examined--Went down with the prisoner on the day in question to the house of John GALLIGAN, when she demanded the jacket from Mrs. Galligan.

Patrick REILLY, a respectable looking farmer, swore that he knew the prisoner for upwards of fifteen years, and gave her a good character.

Bernard SMITH deposed that he knew the prisoner and her husband for upwards of 17 years, and also gave her a good character.

Mr. B. Armstrong replied to evidence after which the Chairman charged the jury, who, after some deliberation, returned a verdict of Guilty. The prisoner was sentenced to be imprisoned for three months.


A little boy named Joseph RYAN, aged about then years, was indicted for assaulting Patrick M'CANN, a lad of about 15 years, by stabbing him with a pocket knife on the 18th September last. The prisoner was defended by Mr. Edward M'Gauran. It appeared from the evidence of the prosecutor that on the above-named day he was standing outside of John HART's door in Bridge-street, Cavan, when the prisoner and two other boys came out of Hart's and commenced joking with them; he knocked the cap off one of the boys, named REILLY; the prisoner said "It's better for you to not do that again;" prosecutor replied that he would do the same with him, and struck him in the same way, knocking off his cap; a few minutes afterwards Ryan came up and stabbed him in the leg with a large pocket knife.

Cross-examined by Mr. E. M'Gauran--The prisoner and witness worked together on Mr. Kennedy's tobacco loft; sent John Ryan, brother of the prisoner, into Hart's for a boy named John Reilly; when he came out gave him a slap on the face and knocked off his cap; is sure it was a knife, and not a nail, with which he was stabbed, because he saw the blade; was under treatment in the Infirmary for a fortnight.


John Reilly defended by Mr. E. M'Gauran--Was in Hart's public house with the prisoner and his brother on the evening in question; when we came out M'Cann gave me a slap on the face; the prisoner ran at him, and made a kick or a box at him--cannot say which, and told him not to do that again..

The jury retired and after a short deliberation found the prisoner guilty of a common assault, with recommendation to mercy. The Chairman, after cautioning the prisoner....said that in consequence of his being recommended to mercy by the jury....he would not, as he at first intended, send him to a Reformatory, but would merely sentence him to be imprisoned for a week.


Patrick NOLAN was indicted for having on the 29th of August last, at a place convenient to the Belturbet junction station on the Irish North Western Railway, committed an assault on James BEGGAN, so as to do him grievous bodily harm. He was also indicted for having same time and place committed a common assault upon him.

It appeared from the evidence that the prosecutor and the prisoner (who had both been employed on the Irish North Western Railway), went on the above-named day, in company with a mason named CASEY, to look for a bottle of "poteen" in the neighbourhood of Redhills, and not having succeeded in obtain it, they returned to Redhills and went into a public house, where they had some drink. They then met a strange man for whom prosecutor called for a glass of whiskey which the owner of the house refused to give, it being a rule to give no drink to a parishioner on the Sabbath. They then left and returned towards John FITZSIMONS's, where the prosecutor lodged. He (the prosecutor) having a bottle of whiskey in his pocket, gave some of it to the strange man, and divided the remainder between himself, Casey and Nolan, all of whom had drank pretty freely in the public house. While proceeding towards John Fitzsimons's an altercation ensued between the prosecutor and the prisoner, when the former knocked the latter down; when he got up he took a knife from his pocket, and threatened to stab prosecutor, who to intimidate him from doing so, took from his pocket a smaller knife which he showed him. Having arrived at Fitzsimons's, the prisoner went towards his own house which was adjoining, and the prosecutor proceeded to visit a man named Francis KELLETT, a porter on the railway, prosecutor having promised to call to see him and share the "poteen" with him...Being under the influence of the liquor he had taken, he told Kellett that he was to fight Nolan at five o'clock on the following morning, and asked him wouldn't he be up to be present at the engagement. He said to Kellett on that occasion that he would "make some man's wife a widow." He and Case then returned to Fitzsimons's and the prisoner being present, he and prosecutor recommenced fighting. During the melee the prosecutor received two wounds, one an incised one on the side of the head.the other punctured wound in the back; with the effect of these wounds the prosecutor was confined for about a fortnight in the Infirmary.

Dr. Mease proved the nature of the wounds.

The jury having been charged by his worship, retired, and brought in a verdict of Guilty. Nolan was sentenced to be imprisoned for six months and kept to hard labour.

There were the only Crown cases of interest.


The rumours which were circulated in this city on Thursday last relative to the attempted assassination of a person in the employment of Lord Leitrim have unfortunately been confirmed. Mr. WILSON, land steward to that nobleman, was shot at by two assassins at Leatbeg on Wednesday last. Although the attempt was made with great deliberation, the assailants having been waiting for their victim in a hiding place of straw or corn sheaves, they did not fully accomplish their diabolical purpose, for Mr. Wilson, though dangerously wounded, is not in a hopeless state..


October 18, in Jersey, the wife of St. George GRAY, Esq., the Royal Regiment, of a daughter.

October 19, at Leinster Road, Rathmines, the wife of Colonel HARRIS, of a son.


October 19, in the Church of St. Anne's, by the Rev. H. H. DICKINSON, Mr. Benjamin DICKINSON to Elizabeth HUDSON, oldest surviving daughter of Mr. William HUDSON, of Killeshandra, county Wicklow.

October 18, in St. Anne's Church, Dublin, by the Rev. T. ELLIS, assisted by the curate of the parish, Crofton Toler VANDELEUR, Esq., Captain 7th Dragoon Guards, second son of Colonel VANDELEUR, M.P., and Lady Grace VANDELEUR, of Kilrush House, county Clare, to Charlotte Mary, youngest daughter of the late Rev. Robert BURY, of Carrigrenane, county Cork.


October 16, at Belfast, Rebecca, third daughter of John FRASER, Esq, County Surveyor, Cavan, aged 23 years.

October 18, at Glebe View, Granard, county Longford, James B. KIRK, aged 32 years.

October 29, 1864


October 24, at Belturbet, the wife of John ROGERS, Esq., J.P., of a son.

October 22, in Main-street, Cavan, the wife of Edward BLAKE, Esq., Merchant, of a son.

County Cavan Newspaper Transcription Project

Ireland Home Page
County Cavan

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All rights to the pages found within this site are retained by the original submitter of the information. Pages may be printed or copied for personal use only. They may NOT be reproduced in any form in whole or in part by any individual or organization for profit.